Short set of guidelines and a checklist to help companies evaluate and select a new IT support provider....
MONITORING & OPERATIONS
At Xterra, we believe the ideal way to address problems is to skillfully mitigate them before they happen.
It’s simple; management strategies and capabilities must evolve along with a rapidly changing digital landscape. Xterra’s approach is holistic and proactive, one that takes into account your cloud applications, infrastructure, network, systems, device data, and even user behaviors to ensure security, optimize high availability, and ensure unwavering end-user productivity and satisfaction. The bottom line? We’d rather prevent fires than fight them.
A HAPPY CLIENT
They bring a lot to the table – deep knowledge around best practices and what’s coming up in the technology. We’ve used them for quite a bit of strategic planning and it’s been very effective.
Sr. Director of Web and Infrastructure Services
CALIFORNIA COLLEGE OF THE ARTS
24x7x365 Monitoring and Operations
Xterra’s Monitoring and Operations practice gives you an additional layer of productivity, security, and peace of mind. Patching computers and infrastructure, providing actionable information about aging or over-utilized systems, and analyzing data from our monitoring platforms help us proactively mitigate problems, troubleshoot, and implement solutions while minimizing the impact of downtime to your organization and users.
- Capacity planning for on premise and cloud resources
- Rapid API-based monitoring of business-critical cloud platforms and SaaS applications without deploying any agents or collectors
- Software and firmware patching
- Fault, event, performance and security logging
- Configuration management
- Automated alert thresholds, AI-powered early warning capabilities, customizable escalation chains, workflows, and more
Cloud and Systems Management
Delivering frictionless IT services depends on the performance of a lot of systems. Things like Collaboration Platforms, Cloud Services, Servers, SANs, Datacenters, Operating Systems, Virtualization Hosts, Applications, and even basic old Email, to name a few. They all need to be planned, deployed, and maintained throughout their lifecycle. That’s where Systems Management by Xterra comes in.
- Collaboration Platform Management – Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace support, configuration, and security best practices
- Infrastructure and Applications Management – Gain an understanding of the technology assets across your enterprise
- Cloud File Management – Share files securely inside and outside your organization
- Performance and Capacity Management – analyze and visualize the performance of your systems
Firewall and Network Management
Modern organizations are connected more than ever in a disconnected world. Traditional secure networking is still required if you have an office – Firewalls, Switches, Wireless APs, Cloud connectivity, and Virtual Private Networks are still relevant; but now secure connectivity is the key to our work-from-anywhere new normal. Devices are now the heart of any organization, and also a point of vulnerability. Network security is a key to protecting against malicious attacks in order to keep your users safe, secure, and data protection compliant.
- Cloud to Private network connectivity
- Firewall Management and Best Practices
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) Management
- Circuit and ISP Management
- 24×7 monitoring of SNMP events and devices
- Firmware and Security Update Management
- Performance and Configuration Management
Let’s schedule a call. We’ll share how Xterra can effectively move your technology world forward.
Perhaps the most compelling reason for endpoint management is that most successful breaches begin at the endpoint. In fact, according to an IDC study, the endpoint was the source of 70 percent of successful breaches. Xterra delivers comprehensive, organization-specific endpoint management to ensure every endpoint is visible, controllable, and ultimately secure. We add to this our endpoint security suite and Security Awareness training to help everyone understand how to use their computers and networks more securely.
- Endpoint security suite backed by 24×7 Security Operations Center
- Device policy management for Mac and Windows
- Hands free-provisioning available with policy driven setup of computers
- Whole disk encryption with secure key storage
- Host-based firewall
- Remote wipe and location detection if desired
Vulnerability and Patch Management
“The only secure computer is turned off, cast in concrete, in a lead-lined room with armed guards – and even then I have my doubts.” –Gene Spafford. All code is vulnerable, but we need to work to keep our computers safer using today’s dangerous internet. Xterra takes a proactive approach to vulnerability and patch management. At Xterra, we consider this to be a business-critical function.
- Patch management for Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems
- Monitoring and remediation of new security vulnerabilities
- Continuous monitoring of the National Cyber Awareness System (NCAS) from the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) for alerts on software and hardware under management.
Mobile Device Management
Mobile devices are essential tools in today’s modern workplaces…and so easy to lose. The benefit and downside to mobile devices are that they’re mobile (it’s hard to forget your desktop on BART.) While they increase flexibility and productivity, unmanaged mobile devices can pose serious security challenges to organizations. Our Mobile Device Management solutions can also help with improving data security even when the devices are personally owned. We understand how to balance security vs. intrusiveness and how to lock down data on corporate phones from prying eyes.
- Provide policy-based control both for corporate devices and for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environments
- Mobile device policy management for IOS and Android devices
- Jailbreak/Root detection
- Wipe the whole device or just the corporate data and leave the baby pictures intact
Backup Monitoring and Management
Backups need to be there when you need them. Xterra’s Backup Monitoring and Management services provide you the assurance that the data you specify is backed up at your determined schedule and retention periods. Xterra checks backup logs daily, follows up on the inevitable errors, and tests data restores on at least a monthly basis. We manage your backup infrastructure and provide the day-to-day operations so that you can focus on what your business needs.
- On-prem and cloud-based backups
- Backup monitoring, support, and maintenance
- Test restores to verify backup integrity
- Backup policy management
- Air-gap protection against ransomware available
The insight to outperform.
Learn how Xterra’s Fully Managed IT or Co-managed IT services will work seamlessly in your organization.