You’ve worked hard to establish a successful business over the past several years. Recently, you’ve found that your team is struggling to keep up with the increasing demands of your clients and you’re concerned about the impact this could have on the continued growth of your business.
Hiring additional staff might help in the short term, but this approach can be very impactful on your budget and bottom-line. This is where technology can play a vital role in boosting your team’s productivity and efficiency.
As executives & IT leaders, we’re constantly looking for ways to be more productive. We want to maximize the value of our workdays and enable our teams to feel accomplished and be successful. Fortunately, there are a number of tools available today that can help us do just that. Here are some of the top ways we use technology to help our clients stay productive and efficient.
Get to work faster
- Infrastructure Upgrades: Ensure computers and applications are up to date; networks are resilient and bandwidth is ample; servers (if needed) are on current hardware and using virtualization solutions like VMware or Hyper-V, or even better in the Azure cloud. Don’t let hardware be your bottleneck.
- Employee device onboarding: Computer procurement & setups for new employees can take weeks at many companies – but it doesn’t have to. With tools such as Windows Autopilot, Intune, Apple Business Store, and Addigy, device setups are more efficient than ever.
- Work from anywhere:
- Utilize remote desktop access solutions like Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) to enable a global workforce – employees, contractors, and consultants can work from anywhere, anytime, securely.
- Virtual private networks (VPNs): If a Remote Desktop solution isn’t feasible, implement a VPN to provide secure access to company resources and data from anywhere, while ensuring data privacy and confidentiality while on the road
Identity and cybersecurity
- Single-Sign On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Use an SSO platform like Okta, Jumpcloud, or Microsoft Azure with MFA to enable faster and more secure access to your online platforms without needing to store a different username/password for every new online service you use.
- Cybersecurity solutions: Implement robust cybersecurity solutions such as Endpoint Protection, Protective DNS, Security Awareness Training, and Patch Management to protect against cyber threats, data breaches, and other security risks. An ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure.
- Cloud-based collaboration tools: Use tools like Microsoft Teams, Slack, and Zoom to streamline communication and increase collaboration among team members.
- Cloud storage solutions: Utilize cloud storage solutions like Egnyte, Google Drive, or OneDrive to store and share files securely and efficiently.
- Business Intelligence platforms: Platforms like Microsoft Power BI can provide non-programmers an easy way to gain insight into your business with rapid turnaround. Visualize data in new ways, uncover trends, and make data-driven decisions swiftly. Bring together your data sources, from spreadsheets to cloud services, and generate real-time analytics and reports.
- Workflow automation: Automate repetitive tasks using tools like Zapier, IFTTT, or Microsoft Power Automate to improve efficiency and reduce human error.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Supercharge your employees by using the new natural language processing engines like ChatGPT and Bard, and image generation engines like Dall-E 2 to explore new ways your business can leverage these powerful tools. Having an understanding how and when these tools are best used will become a requirement for your current and future workforce.
Choosing the right tools can have a dramatic impact on the productivity of your team. The most successful teams utilize a full suite of technology to work more efficiently and get more done without spending more time. Consider your goals, resources, and ideas before investing in any tech-related tools—there are effective solutions out there that won’t break the bank. Additionally, if you invest in proper planning & analysis before making a commitment, you’re less likely to fall into traps like getting stuck with expensive and inflexible products.
How can Xterra help my business?
Xterra has developed the people, process, and technology to deliver white glove IT services for a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time staff. We are focused on helping San Francisco Bay Area clients accelerate their adoption of technology solutions to create measurable business value. If you are interested in learning more about how Xterra can help your business, schedule a free consultation.
David Park is the CEO, CISO, and Partner at Xterra Solutions, a company that delivers technology solutions. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, David is passionate about using technology to transform organizations and empower people. He has a successful track record of defining business needs, managing initiatives, and delivering technology solutions