Our mission is to build a talented, fun, masterful engineering team to deliver excellence in IT services. This means that our purpose is to develop our people to be the best in the industry and to have fun doing it. Training, learning, and growing is a major part of working at Xterra.
Check us out if you:
- Want to join a team with an awesome company culture and friendly co-workers that focus on success for the entire team.
- Want to develop a strong sense of accomplishment and the feeling that what you do really matters!
- Are a key contributor that enjoys being rewarded for your effort!!
- Love new technology.
- Want to work with a team of people who are cool, like to have fun and believes in work life balance.
Join Xterra today!
- Competitive wages
- Employee Recognition
- Training Programs
- Take as you need PTO
- Excellent Benefits
The Network Administrator reports to the Service Manager and has the role of supporting the managed services organization. Ideal candidates will have prior experience working with routers, switches, and firewalls in a support or operations role. As a Network Administrator you will be responsible for troubleshooting network related issues, as well as provide first class customer service for Xterra’s clients.
- Provide level 2 remote network infrastructure support
- Work with our remote monitoring and management (RMM) system to identify, prioritize, resolve problems, and enhance our service offering to clients
- Leverage our professional services automation (PSA) solution to manage support tickets, collaborate with internal staff, and communicate with clients
- Respond to incoming support requests and provide first call resolution / escalation
- Document and communicate incidents, outages, ticket status, problem resolutions (internally and externally), and escalate tickets appropriately
- Identify critical issues, prioritize, and respond to tickets to ensure SLA’s are met
- Perform network administration functions
- Train and stay current with technologies used in Xterra’s client environments
- Deliver high levels of client satisfaction
- Create high quality technical documents quickly and accurately
- Provide after-hours and weekend support on a rotational basis and as needed
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion
- 3 years of hands on experience within a technical environment providing onsite or remote support and customer service
- Incident & problem management experience and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT issues
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to apply those skills to assist troubleshooting of a wide range of information systems and applications
- Strong working experience with Cisco networking, Windows and Apple Operating Systems, and VMware.
- Experience working with Cisco routers and switches running IOS
- Fundamental experience and understanding of remote access connectivity methods, such as RADIUS and SSL VPN
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L3 Networking (Spanning Tree Protocol, dynamic routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF and BGP)
- Fundamental experience with configuration and administration of routers/switches, systems installation, and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience with Enterprise Wireless
- Experience demonstrating, installing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Experience training on the technical subject matter, including new networking and security features
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Business Administration, Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Firm desire to consistently work as a vital part of the team (no hot shots here!) with a primary focus on client service
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally to technical and business audiences
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure either independently or as a member of a team
- Assertive, highly motivated with a sense of urgency, providing a ‘Whatever it takes’ attitude to get the job done
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Proven aptitude to organize work in an efficient manner and succeed in new environments
- Must be well-spoken, organized, detail-orientated, dependable and flexible
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Background Check required
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.